Responsible for managing all aspects of moderately complex manufacturing operations. Responsible to deliver results that meet quality, customer service, safety, innovation and cost criteria. Formulates or approves short- and long-term operating objectives in areas such as cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development and/or integration as undertaken at the plant level. Manages various plant staff functions such as Human Resources, Finance, Engineering, IT, etc. either directly or indirectly.
Plant Managers perform a wide range of technical functions, including:
- Manage subordinate managers who supervise employees in the Production, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Finance, Procurement, Material and Production Planning, Sanitation, Human Resources, Warehouse and Engineering.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Oversee interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Personally demonstrate a commitment to food and human safety
- You like variety and learning new things
- You like quality systems
- You enjoy working with a team
- You want to get out from behind a desk
- You want career opportunities within a stable, well-established industry
- You want to be part of a community within an industry that has been established for hundreds of years
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4- 7 years’ experience in plant management and/or the food industry
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions for quality, safety and food safety incidents
- Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot various issues including equipment, safety, quality, sanitation and employee relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate very strong mechanical aptitude
- Confident, assertive leadership style
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering and 10 years progressive experience leading operations in a food manufacturing facility
- Demonstrated ability to analyze production and financial data in manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Business Administration
- Industrial Management