OTHER JOB TITLES:
- Inventory management
- Supply Analyst
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Dental & Medical Plans
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Plans
- Wellness Plans
- Career Growth
Oversees inventory and supply planning responsibilities for assigned plants and/or co-packers. Maintains capacity plans, production schedules and/or finite schedules to ensure the efficient delivery of inventory, service and cost objectives.
The Senior Supply Planner has many responsibilities including:
- Personally demonstrate a commitment to food and human safety
- Collaborate with internal and external Customers and Suppliers to prioritize and deliver products and services that meet or exceed the business needs with attention to simplicity of design and ease of use/interaction.
- Develop detailed understanding of manufacturing constraints and capabilities of the manufacturing locations being planned, providing regular feedback and information to drive medium term tactical and long term strategic discussion.
- Communicate with production facilities and Corporate Supply Chain team as well as Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Demand Planning and Customer Service. Keep all affected parties apprised of potential problems or issues impacting the business, including risks and opportunities.
- Oversee inventory and supply planning responsibilities for assigned plants and/or co-packers. For some locations/plants, responsibilities may also include inventory stock transfer/replenishment responsibilities.
- Utilize internal systems to proactively identify and communicate key drivers and proposed solutions to service and inventory issues.
- Study, interpret and develop thorough understandings of problems and opportunities.
- Assess current inventory levels and forecasts to make appropriate business decisions that minimize costs and achieve corporate working capital and service level objectives.
- Develop detailed understanding of manufacturing constraints and capabilities of the manufacturing locations being planned, publishing and leading the review of material as needed with plant and business teams.
- Seamlessly interface with advanced levels of the organization to drive consensus on risks and opportunities and lead the conversations around developing action plans.
- Present findings that drive understanding, alignment and informed decision making.
- Coordinate/lead special projects as required. Projects include complex new product launch evaluation, asset utilization studies, supply chain cost optimization opportunities and others as assigned.
- Engineer tactical and strategic solutions that withstand the variability inherent to the business.
- You like variety and learning new things
- You like quality systems
- You enjoy working with a team
- You want to get out from behind a desk
- You want career opportunities within a stable, well-established industry
- You want to be part of a community within an industry that has been established for hundreds of years
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Finance or related field preferred. Or related experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a production planning, production scheduling or materials management position preferred.
- SAP experience
- Strong Excel skills preferred; development of analytical models in Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Candidate must possess very strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of integrated planning software is also preferred.
- Supply Chain Management
- Industrial Engineering